LENS in transition
Lens continues its transformation... The emergence of a town at the heart of a new regional urban centre
We are currently seeing the birth of Lens as a major city, occupying the 2nd place as a focal point in the region"
Lens's major facilities:
- Development of the architectural features and the cultural heritage of the Mining Towns
- Redevelopment of the Bollaert District: the natural link between the Louvre-Lens, the Railway Stations Area and the Town Centre sites
- Creation of the primary service and hotel sector location in the region: the Railway Stations Area
- Establishment of 6,000 to 7,000 sqm of retail space in the town centre: the Republique Area
- Overarching study of traffic and parking: priority given to new modes of transport and the development of a service agreement for setting up paid parking
Desvigne-Portzamparc, the internationally renowned team of designers has been appointed by Euralens to put together a master plan for the region.
- coordinating city planning and landscape developments in this large area covering 2700 acres
- the planning of public spaces for the arrival of the Louvre-Lens