Jean Perrin Science Faculty

Informations and bookings

Lens-Liévin Tourist
and Heritage Office

58/60 rue de la Gare
F-62300 Lens
Tél. : +33 (0)3.21.67.66.66
Fax : +33 (0)3.21.67.65.66

Send an email
Tourism Office website

The Jean Perrin Science Faculty, located at the end of the avenue Elie Reumaux, is situated in the former Grands Bureaux de la Compagnie des Mines de Lens (Offices of the Lens Mining Company) the size of which make the building a real monument to industry.

Constructed in 1930 by the architect, Louis-Marie Cordonnier from Lille, the building is constructed in the neo-renaissance Flemish style with several Art deco touches (the interiors in particular) opening out onto large French gardens. Recalling the mining purposes for which the building was initially used, students and walkers are greeted by a statue of a miner at the entrance to the gardens.

FacebookTwitterPartageImprimerEnvoyer